Please note: changes to Integrated Sexual Health Services in Rotherham from April 2017
From 1 April 2017, all sexual health treatment, advice and contraceptive services in Rotherham will be available from one central location at Rotherham Hospital with outreach services delivered in community venues. This means that sexual health and contraception services previously provided at Rotherham Community Health Centre will be provided at Rotherham Hospital from this date.
The Integrated Sexual Health Service can be found on C Level, junction three of Rotherham Hospital - across from the Chapel.
The service provides confidential advice, testing and free treatment of sexually transmitted infections and HIV, as well as a full range of contraception. In addition, we offer a free Chlamydia/Gonorrhoea postal testing service for people under 25 years old.
We also provide free condoms, pregnancy testing and emergency contraception.
Our staff are friendly, non-judgmental and highly experienced in dealing with personal problems.
The Integrated Sexual Health service is currently unable to offer routine cervical smear tests. We advise patients to please contact their GP to book an appointment with their Doctor/Practice Nurse.
When visiting, you may be in the department between 1-2 hours.
• Sexual health advice
• Treatment and screening for sexually transmitted infections
• A range of contraceptive options including:
Emergency contraception (including the 'morning-after pill')
• HIV care including post-exposure prophylaxis
From 1 April 2017 the confidential service will be available seven days a week:
• Monday - Thursday: 9am - 8pm
• Friday: 9am - 5pm
• Saturday: 10am - 2pm
• Sunday: 11am - 2pm
A range of community based youth clinics will also be provided at the following times and locations:
• Wath Comprehensive School: Monday 12.30 - 1.30pm
• JADE Young Person's Centre, Dinnington: Monday 3 - 5pm
• Dearne Valley College: Tuesday 11.45am - 1.30pm
• Sexwise, Eric Manns Building: Tuesday 3 - 5pm
• Swinton Comprehensive School: Wednesday 3 - 5pm
• Rawmarsh Community School: Thursday 3 - 5pm
• Maltby Linx Youth Centre: Thursday 3 - 5pm
If you have any queries, please contact 01709 427777.