Due to the current circumstances regarding COVID-19 we are
cancelling all walk in clinics including Saturdays and outreach clinics until
further notice. All attendances will be by appointment only, and patients
attending the service should limit the number of people they bring with them to
a maximum of 1 person.
Please cancel your appointment if you have any of the
Our Service is an appointment system Monday-Friday- Please ring 01709 427777 to arrange an appointment
All sexual health treatment, advice and a full range of contraceptive
services for all ages are available from the Integrated Sexual Health Service based at
Rotherham Hospital, with youth outreach services delivered in community venues.
This means that sexual health and contraception services previously provided at
Rotherham Community Health Centre are provided at Rotherham Hospital.
The Integrated Sexual Health Service can be found on C Level, junction 3 of
Rotherham Hospital - across from the Chapel.
Clinic, Rotherham Hospital- C Level
Our confidential service is available six days a week: (appointment system only)
• Monday - Thursday: 9am - 8pm
• Friday: 9am - 5pm
• Saturday: 10am - 2pm
Please note: Saturdays are for under 25s only
Youth Clinics (for under 25s) drop in sessions
3-5 at the Central clinic, Rotherham Hospital.
4-7 at MESMAC, Mansfield Road, Rotherham
4-7 at MESMAC, Mansfield Road, Rotherham
3-5 at Central clinic, Rotherham Hospital
Contraceptive implant insertion
outreach clinics for under 25s
Contraceptive implant insertion outreach clinics are also available at:
- Ridgeway Medical Centre (East
Herringthorpe), every Thursday 9.30am - 12noon
- Shakespeare Road Medical Centre (Eastwood), every Thursday 3.30 - 5.30pm
These clinics are for under 25s only and appointments can be booked by calling 01709 427777.
Sexual Health - Mansfield Road, Rotherham, S60 2DR for 16 years and over
Testing for HIV, Syphilis, Gonorrhoea, Chlamydia & Pregnancy:
- Tuesday 10am-2pm
- 1st Saturday of every
home testing postal kit service (for Rotherham residents only) for under 25
years olds www.rotherhamchlamydia.co.uk/
We provide a full range of contraception and STI screening and treatment.
We also provide free condoms, pregnancy tests and emergency
Our staff are friendly, non-judgmental and highly experienced in dealing with
The Integrated Sexual Health service is currently unable to offer routine
cervical smear tests. We advise patients to contact their GP to book an
appointment with their Doctor/Practice Nurse for smear tests.
When visiting, you may be in the department between 1-2 hours.
• Sexual health advice
• Treatment and screening for sexually transmitted infections
• A range of contraceptive options including:
Emergency contraception (including the 'morning-after pill')
• HIV care including post-exposure prophylaxis
From 1 April 2019 our Service will no
longer be open on a Sunday. To ensure our patients still receive the best
quality of care we will be offering more clinics during weekdays. The last
Sunday we will be open will be Sunday 31 March 2019.
If you have any queries, please contact 01709 427777.
Emergency contraception is available from the following pharmacies:
- Abbey Pharmacy, 19-21 Howard Street, Rotherham, S65 1JQ
- Cohens Chemist, 10B Station Road, Treeton, Rotherham, S60 5PN
- Well Pharmacy, Park Lane, Thrybergh
- Well Pharmacy, Sough Hall Avenue, Thorpe Hesley
- Well Pharmacy, Poplar Glade, Wickersley
- Well Pharmacy, Bawtry Road, Wickersley
- Well Pharmacy, Hollings Lane, Ravenfield
- J McGill Pharmacy, 63-67 Knoolbeck Lane, Brampton Bierlow
- J McGill Pharmacy, 125 Wath Road, Mexborough, S64 9RB
- Superdrug Pharmacy, 12 Howard Street, Rotherham, S60 1QN
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, 52-52A Claypit Lane, Rawmarsh, S62 5HD
- Weldricks, 27 Brinsworth Lane, Rotherham
- Weldricks, 26 Main Street, Catcliffe, S60 5SR
- Weldricks, 94A High Street, Maltby, S66 7BN
- Weldricks, 1A-3A Church Street, Swinton, Mexborough, S64 8QA
- Weldricks, Maltby Leisure & Services Centre, Braithwell Road, Maltby, S66 8JE
- Weldricks, 3 Laburnum Parade, Maltby, S66 8DP
- Weldricks, 31-33 High Street, Swallownest, Sheffield, S26 4TT
- Weldricks, 17 Crown Street, Swinton, S64 8NB
- Dinnington Pharmacy, New Street, Dinnington, Sheffield, S65 2EZ
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 65 Green Arbour Road, Thurcroft, S66 9DD