BreathingSpace is a community service based in Rotherham for people with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other respiratory conditions and their carers. It is part of the medical division of the Rotherham Foundation NHS Trust.
We provide the following services:
- Pulmonary rehabilitation (a breathing exercise and education programme) – six week outpatient programme
- 20 inpatient beds providing care during acute episodes
- Full oxygen assessment service including assessment for ambulatory oxygen
- Lifestyle and education sessions
- Smoking cessation support and advice
- A residential breathing exercise and education programme (up to seven days)
- Respite care for people with a known respiratory condition (up to seven days)
- Hospice care for appropriate people with chronic respiratory disease
- Education for all involved in caring for people with COPD and other respiratory conditions
- Support to health care services in the management of patients with COPD and other respiratory conditions, including support with early supported discharge and admission avoidance
- 24 hour helpline for patients, carers and health care professionals
For more information about BreathingSpace please contact us directly or speak to your GP, Practice Nurse, Hospital Consultant or Community Matron.