The Tuberculosis (TB) Specialist Nurse provides expert advice and support in the management and control of TB.
- Supporting patients and their families undergoing TB treatment as their key worker.
- Contact tracing (screening) of family and friends and other contacts who are identified as being at risk following exposure to TB.
- Supporting other health care professionals to achieve a prompt diagnosis and avoid delay in any required treatment.
- Supporting the education of health care staff and general public about Tuberculosis.
- Identifying and assisting in TB outbreaks, working closely with the Health Protection Agency.
- Offering advice on any aspect associated with TB and its treatment.
- Promoting quality, evidence based care which is seen as best practice and developing the TB nursing service to meet the patients’ local needs.
- Prescribing TB medication for patients and supporting the patient to achieve the completion of TB treatment
Please speak to your GP for more information or contact the tuberculosis team:
TB Specialist Nurse, Tracey Turton on 01709 425558.
TB Administrator, Maria Frere on 01709 425559.
You may also be referred to the TB nurse from another health care professional.
Further useful information can be found at the following links:
Department of Health