The Care Homes Liaison Service supports care homes to develop a culture of person centred care where health and well being is maintained, independence is promoted, and ill health is avoided or acted upon appropriately.
What we do:
- Provide advice and support in the management of residents with complex needs.
- Undertake screening and identification of physical and mental health needs.
- Provide assessment, training and rehabilitation to help maintain/improve independence and function in all activities of daily living.
- Assess clients’ environments and give advice on any adaptations/ equipment needed to aid independence.
- Provide walking aids and give advice on exercise and activities.
- Provide chest assessment and physiotherapy.
- Provide training and rehabilitation for clients with swallowing and/or communication problems.
- Help to identify those at risk of falls and support falls prevention work.
Our Reviewing Officer undertakes monitoring of quality standards including planned and unplanned checks to ensure that Health Services provided by care homes are in accordance with the agreed provision. The team also works closely with other services involved in care homes across Rotherham.
The Care Homes Liaison Team are based at North Anston Medical Centre.